Your Nav Bar Here

Saturday 2 February 2013

25 facts about me...

1. My middle name is Mary, as both of my grandmas were called Mary, and I have a lot of family in Ireland called Mary (you can only imagine when someone shouts 'Mary!')

2. I nearly didn't make it into this world, my mum had bad pre-eclampsia, and I had to be born on my mums 8 month check up, by caesarean. A few hours later I was born, 4lbs at 3.02pm. Me and my mum had a few health problems for the first few years of my life but it's all settled down now. 

3. Favourite shampoo and conditioner by MILES is Aussie Haircare. So. Damn. Good. 

4. I love the DIY/Crafts section of Pinterest. I used to love crafts and arts, but University kinda killed that side of me, so it's good to start feeling creative again.

5. I love cooking healthy food. There's nothing more satisfying knowing exactly what is going into your body, that it's good for you, and that you made it. 

6. I am a bit of a spelling geek, especially when I was younger, so much so that every Tuesday afternoon a teacher used to do spelling tests with me and this other boy to see how far we could get. 

7. I love being outdoors, by lakes, in fields, anywhere that is away from the suburbs and cities. 

8. When I find a song I like, I play it to death.

9. Speaking of music, I love country music. Luke Bryan, you can shake it for me any day, any time, any place, I don't mind.

10. Speaking of country, it's my ambition to somehow have a farm and live in the middle of nowhere.

11. I am an irish dancer. I started when I was 3, and was quite competitive until I was 13, when school started taking over. I started dancing again when I started University, but again, my studies are taking over.

12. I would rather stick pins in my eyes than go for a 'night out in town'. I hate the idea of spending a ton of money on taxis, where the driver likes to drive like he is on a rollercoaster, and then get groped by drunk men all night. 

13. I don't drink alcohol, and I am quite proud of it :)

14. If there was a degree in procrastination, I would have a first class degree in it. 

15. I hate any programs or films that are gory/horrifying/scary. I much prefer to fill my mind with funny happy things. 

16. Cleanliness is next to godliness. I love keeping things clean and tidy and pretty. 

17. I'm obsessed with Instagram and could spend ages looking at pictures people have taken of their little corner of the world. 

18. I am incredibly impatient, and if someone takes too long doing something or someone walks too slow infront of me, my head implodes.

19. My first job was working at a juice shop creating smoothies. We all quit one day together when our manager installed a webcam in the shop so he could spy on us from his laptop and ring us up and shout if we did something wrong. 

20. I am obsessed with Great British Bake Off, SpringWatch, Countryfile, First Time Farmers, and Antiques Roadshow. I am old before my time, I know. 

21. Twitter is where I like to moan and complain so I don't do it in real life. 

22. Before both of my grandmas went to heaven, they used to buy me lovely porcelain dolls with curly ringlet hair, and pretty dresses. I had them on a shelf in my room, therefore no one would ever come sleep over at my house as they were too scared of them during the night.

23. When I won a major competition in gymnastics between all the sports centres in my city, my coach asked me to join the competition class, but I soon stopped going because all of the other girls were way more advanced than me and I got disheartened. I wish I had used them as inspiration and kept going, as I loved it.

24. One of my greatest achievements is jumping over the toadstool, moving from Brownies to Guides. Best day ever. 

25. I am obsessed with Nails Inc and Essie nail polishes. I wish it were possible to paint your bedroom walls as frequently as you paint your nails.

0 comments:

Post a Comment