Your Nav Bar Here

Sunday 24 February 2013

Nivea Visage Pure & Natural Regenerating Night Cream 



I went to Superdrug the other day, in search for a reasonably priced night cream. For a while now, I have been using Niveas combination day cream on a morning to try and combat my horrible combination skin. When I say horrible, I am quite lucky in the fact that I don't often get blemishes, I just have patches of dry skin, and patches of oily-prone skin. Although Nivea seems to do the job throughout the morning, by the afternoon the patches of dry skin are surfacing. 

So I wanted to try something more intense. I've never used a night cream before, so I wasn't sure what to expect. After staring blankly for half an hour at an aisle of face creams, I eventually picked out Nivea's Pure and Natural Regenerating Night Cream. It was the only one that suited all skin types, and didn't create a burning hole in my purse. I was also reassured by the fact that I was getting along quite well with Nivea's day cream. 

Tonight, I washed my face with Neutrogena's Pink Grapefruit daily scrub, and then I got out the night cream. Oh how I wish I had paid more attention to the writing at the bottom of the box. Bio (?) ALOE VERA. I hate Aloe Vera. Oblivious, I unscrewed the lid, and put some on the tip of my finger. Dabbing it on my face, I started to smell the Aloe Vera, which only got stronger, and stronger. So if you don't like strongly scented moisturisers, avoid this like the plague. When I started rubbing it in, it felt very thick, and not oily, but as though this was never going to absorb into my face. 

Currently, I'm sat in bed, smelling of Aloe Vera, and with a slowly absorbing night cream on my face. I'm not sure if night creams are supposed to be of a thicker consistency, maybe I need to try a few more out to see if this is a trend. 

I will follow up with a blog post, with the results, in the morning. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment