Your Nav Bar Here

Wednesday 13 February 2013

'Do good... be rich in good works, generous and ready to share.' 1 Timothy 6.18

'Do good... be rich in good works, generous and ready to share.' 1 Timothy 6.18

So, I heard about Love Life Live Lent on twitter. Love Life Live Lent is a program that was created by the Church of England. Its aim, and emphasis is to empower people with creative ideas to make positive change to their lives and others around them throughout Lent, and hopefully outside of Lent. Using the stories of the Bible, it illustrates each day, one positive action to make, the idea being that instead of taking away from life, i.e. giving up chocolate, you add lots of positivity to life. 

The first challenge yesterday before Lent, was of course to have a pancake party on Shrove Tuesday. I don't really like pancakes, so instead of having a 'party' I just made one pancake. The idea of Shrove Tuesday is to have one last day of eating fatty rich foods, but I don't really like fatty rich foods so didn't really see the point. 




Todays challenge was to repent, to say sorry to someone for something you have done wrong, in keeping with Ash Wednesday. I've always found saying sorry a difficult thing to do. Not because I don't think I am sorry, but I'm never able to truly express just how 'sorry' I am just through saying the word 'sorry'. I find it hard to forgive myself for whatever I did wrong, and hard to move on. But you have to forgive yourself, otherwise how do you move on to create more positive changes for yourself and those around you? Freeing yourself of guilt is one of the most challenging aspects of life for me, and something I need to learn to do. 

I couldn't think of anything I had immediately done wrong to those around me to say sorry to, but I can think of plenty of past mistakes I have made which have hurt people, so I think trying to let these mistakes go will be my way of saying sorry...

0 comments:

Post a Comment