Your Nav Bar Here

Saturday 2 February 2013

My biggest inspiration to start my journey of finding happiness, has to be Shay Carl. I discovered Shay and his family, at possibly one of the lowest moments of my life. I had come home for the Summer from my first year of University unhappy, and unwell. One day I was searching on Youtube for videos of cute things (as you do) , and came across my first Shaytards vlog. Mommytard had taken her children to watch her dad and his friend play at a bandstand in their hometown of Pocatello in Idaho. It was a sunny, hot day, and they were just a normal happy family, doing normal happy family things. From then on, I was hooked.

I watched Shay put his thoughts into action. They moved to LA to pursue their dreams, Shay lost 110 pounds, and ran several marathons, Mommytard juggled being a mother of four, with furthering her own youtube channel, and being a part of the Moms View. The children have flourished into the most well mannered, kind, patient, outgoing friendly people I have seen. Seeing how Shay made his dreams into reality, and seeing how he did this little by little on a daily basis, has made me realise just how possible it is for anyone to do so.


One of the greatest quotes that I have found from Shay, is this: "Nothing is personal, you’re not having a bad day, you’re just allowing outside unrelated stimulus dictate how you feel! How you feel doesn’t necessarily matter, the reason it doesn’t matter is because it is not the truth. Your feelings is nothing but internal interpretations of outside stimulus and a lot of time we misinterpret the outside stimulus to mean things it doesn’t even mean!" What Shay is trying to say is that, you can wake up in the worst possible mood ever, but that doesn't need to be how you feel for the rest of the day. You can determine how you feel, change your outlook, and your mindset into whatever you want. 


So this blog is going to document every area of my life where I try to turn it around into a positive aspect of my life. Healthy food, healthy thoughts, conquering fears, my passions, and any obstacles I may face and how I will overcome them. 


To end this post, I will leave you with a quote from Joseph Smith Jr ... "Happiness is the object and design of our existence; and will be the end thereof, if we pursue the path that leads to it; and this path is virtue, uprightness, faithfulness, holiness, and keeping all the commandments of God.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment